Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Oh That Clever Core'dinations!

Welcome back!  This week Stampendous is doing an awesome blog collaboration with not one, not two, but three different companies!  Pretty cool if you ask me.  We're playing along with May Arts, Core'dinations, and David Tutera.  My first project for you is a bookmark.  I've used a tag, rhinestones and accent piece from David Tutera, the flowers are David Tutera on Core'dinations sandable paper and the ribbon is from May Arts.  Of course, the sentiment is from Stampendous' Friendship Assortment Perfectly Clear Stamps!  The cute patterned paper is from a Michaels Recollections 12x12 paper pad.  I also used a little Tim Holtz distress ink in Scattered Straw.  This was super quick to make and really looks cute.

My next project is a card using a ready made David Tutera note card with matching envelope.  I added a little My Mind's Eye red gingham paper for the background.  Using a piece of basic red Core'dinations, I ran it through one of my Sizzix embossing folders, sanded it and framed it on a kraft mat.  I stamped that cute little Ladybug Critter stamp from Stampendous, colored it with Copics and added a little Tim Holtz distress ink in frayed burlap.  I matted my image on a kraft and gingham mat and layered them all together.  For a final touch I added the David Tutera zigzag accent piece and a little cute twine bow.  I stamped the Ladybug Critter stamp on the matching envelope to complete the set.


Wednesday Hop List Folks from all three teams have projects for you today! Leave a comment on each blog for the best chance at winning. PLUS... visit our facebook page and SHARE on your Timeline one of this week's posts about this Blog Hop. We'll choose 4 random winners this week from the "sharers" - 2 will get to choose ANY roll of May Arts ribbon and two will get tag packs from Core'dinations. (this is beyond the regular prizes already mentioned!). But you HAVE to SHARE a post on your timeline. So visit our facebook PAGE - click the word Share underneath one of our posts, and choose "Share on your Timeline" to enter. Here's who is hopping today:

Asia King

Cyndi Bundy

Krissy Fossmeyer

Lea Kimmel

Gini Williams Cagle

Jen Shears

Jenifer Cowles

Clare Buswell

Ellen Sosnoski

Ava Gavloski

That's it from me for today, don't forget about the BIG blog hop on Friday.  We'll have even more inspiration for you and more chances to win one of multiple prizes!  Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,
Lea

47 comments:

  1. Adorable card (love the gingham) and pretty tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lea, such a cute card, great embossing, sanding to show off that colored core

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and love - love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't Color Core awesome? I love the embossing and sanding that you did! It gives your card lots of character! Any friend would be pleased to receive that lovely bookmark! Great colors! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so rocking the cardstock! Your tag and card are wonderful!
    Kate
    Core'dinations DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both the tag and the card. I think embellishing the ready made card with stamping gives it that little something extra and of course makes it hand made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card and bookmark! I love the sanding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love the second one. The bug, the embossing and sanding...it's adorable

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so "country" cute which is so trendy right now, love it!

    Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your beautiful card and tag and the ladybug is just delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tag. I make my own tags for my presents so I'm always looking for inspiration.
    Your card is great. Core'dinations makes distressing so easy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card. Love the embossing and that ladybug. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tag is really cute. Love the card, sanding the basic red Core'dinations paper gives just the right look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful projects, love the summery colors on your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty bookmark and I like the sanding on the cute ladybug card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cardstock is so beautifully distressed! And your little ladybug is so sweet! Thanks so much for playing with us this week! We appreciate you as part of our team!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That lady bug is cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How sweet the lady bug is. I like your deep, dark reds.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A wonderful card with a hint of vintage with the red and white gingham. The little ladybug is so sweet. Loved the bright colors on your bookmark. Thanks for sharing a couple of great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great tag and such a fun card. I love that cool bug!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome creations, Miss Lady!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That ladybug card is adorable!!! Love the bookmark, too....soooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  23. very cute I love ladybugs and she was cute

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful tag and such cute ladybug card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic cards, love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great tag and card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like all the textue on your bookmark and little lady bug is cute with that work paper.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the sanding on the paper. Great
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love that silly little ladybug card!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Two completely different looks but both are fabulous! Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the tan and especially the card with the embossed and sanded sentiment. The ladybug is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cute projects Lea! I really like the way your notecard shows off the core color of the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Cute and cheery pair of projects Lea :)
    Love the colours, flowers and sentiment of your tag; love the colour combo, sanded embossing and layers of your card too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. LOVING your FUN and Creative Creation!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing the Inspiration and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Darling projects! I really love your card. It's totally cute!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh oh oh! That second card with the embossed and sanded letters is divine! Your sweet floral bookmark is so pretty and soft and feminine. TFS two lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Super cute.... I love your embossing. Great job on both your card and bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am a sucker for gingham. Love the summery feel of your cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  40. The background on the ladybug card is great. She is ready for a picnic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!