Friday, March 17, 2017

Hopping with DecoArt



Today is the final day of the Stampendous® hop with DecoArt® and, as always, I’ve had a fun time!  I've done another small canvas for today using DecoArt's® Media Fluid Acrylics™ line of paints and one of my favorite stamps from the Stampendous Pink Your Life line, Whisper Birthday Rubber Stamp, along with the sentiment stamp, Heart of Friendship.  This particular sentiment really speaks to me because I have so many friends scattered around the world.  There are some I’ve never even met in person, yet, I still love them dearly!



Here's what I used to create this canvas:

Spectrum Noir™Markers by Crafter’s Companion
Artist's Loft™ Necessities™ Canvas Board
Miscellaneous Brushes

Here’s what I did to create this canvas:

Stamp your image on mixed media white paper.
Color the stamped image with your medium of choice and cut it out.  
Mix the teal hue with the white and paint the canvas three quarters of the way from the top and down to create your sky.  If needed, add just a drop of turquoise like I did to give it a little deeper color.
Paint your grass on with the green gold paint, as you build your layers you get your light and dark areas.
Using the white paint and a round brush, just add some wispy clouds.
Adhere your stamped and colored image to the canvas using matte medium.
Once you’re sure everything is good and dry, stamp your sentiment.
This was another super simple canvas to create!  I love making these little canvases.  It’s such a fun way to showcase your stamps and just hang them around your house or sit them on little easels.  Then, when one catches your eye, you can’t help but smile.

Prizes (but, of course!):

Comment to win one of three HUGE prize packages that includes Andy Skinner stamps and DecoArt Media™ Paint plus more!  US winners only, see Stampendous Official Contest Rules here for more details.
Want to see all that’s in each prize package? Take a look below:
Stampendous:
  • ASCRS07 Cling Handle with Care
  • ASCRS08 Cling Skuldoggery
  • ASCRS09 Cling Unexplained
DecoArt:
  • Quinacridone Magenta
  • Cobalt Turquoise Hue
  • Cobalt Teal Hue
  • Primary Magenta
  • Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide
  • Paynes Gray
  • Carbon Black
  • Titanium White
  • Prussian Blue Hue
  • Phthalo Blue
  • Quinacridone Gold
  • Diarylide Yellow
  • Pyrrole Red
  • Green Gold
  • Primary Yellow Media Mister
  • Titanium White Antiquing Cream
  • Patina Antiquing Cream
  • 8oz Bottle Lamp Black Americana Acrylic Paint

I hope you’ve enjoyed our hop.  Creating with Stampendous and DecoArt has always been one of my favorite things to do!  Have a wonderful visit through the hop and I’ll see you again real soon!  

Hugs,
Lea



15 comments:

  1. Love the little pixies on the mushroom stamp. The way you colored them makes me want to get some spectrum noir markers! The grass and the sky look so realistic, lovely art work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have colored this pretty Pink Your Life image! So sweet! What a great week of hopping! So much inspiration! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The canvas is SUPER CUTE! I love the little fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO SWEET AND CUTE!!!! I almost can't stand how cute it is! NICE JOB~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two lovely ladies enjoying each other's company - even
    though they may be miles apart. that is one benefit
    to FB - you can have so many friends and have never
    met or seen them in person.
    the canvas is so pretty.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute with the little peeps on the schroom! Great colors used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those whimsical and sweet little fairies.
    And the sentiment pairs with them so perfectly.
    Beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super cute!!!! Love the sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute Lea! And yes, it is measured by the heart!
    Jackie ")

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE Pink Your Life!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!