Tuesday, April 15, 2014

DICC Time!

It's time for another Desert Islands Crafters Challenge!  This time around our sponsor is The Stamping Chef and my image of choice is Tabitha.  She's so soft and girly looking that I had to find papers that matched her femininity.  Instead of a card, I chose to create a tag.  I'm thinking I might just use the finished tag on the cover of a journal; I really like the completed project!  Our itinerary for this week is as follows:

1.  Lots of pink
2.  Sugar skulls
3.  Suckers or sweets (lollipops or candy)
4.  Hearts
5.  Add a feather or wings
6.  Pearls or gemstones
7.  Add a banner or bunting
8.  Stitching (real or faux)
9.  Anything but a card
10.  Spritzes or sprays

For my project, I've used #'s 1, 4, 6, 7 and 9:


Here's what I used to create this project:

The Stamping Chef - Tabitha Digital Image
Neenah® Classic Crest™ Solar White
Bo Bunny® Little Miss Collection
Bazzill®
#10 Shipping Tag
Copic® Markers:  E13, 15, 17, 18, 19, 50, 51, 53; C0, C1, C3
Spectrum Noir™ Markers:  CR2, 3, 4; PP3, 5; TB2, 4
Tim Holtz® Distress Ink™ in Antique Linen and Pumice Stone
Smooch™ in Siren and Silverfox
DecoArt® Acrylic Gesso
Copic® Multiliner - Black
May Arts® Twine and Ribbon
Celebrate It™ Paper Flowers
Queen & Co.® Pearls
SU!® Punch
EK Success® Hole Punch
Tim Holtz® Paper Distresser™ Tool
Glue Dots™
Zip Dry™
Foam Mounting Square

Here's how I created this project:

Print image and color with markers, trim to desired size
Trim patterned papers to fit width of tag
Gesso top and bottom of exposed portion of tag 
Distress edges of patterned papers and image
Add distress ink to image and edges of patterned paper
Adhere papers to tag as shown
Punch out pieces for bunting and write "hello"
Fold bunting pieces over twine and adhere with glue dots
Punch two holes, one on each angled part of top of tag
Thread bunting twine through holes and adhere punch pieces with glue dots
Add pearls over each letter as shown
Cut out heart from scrap paper and attach with foam square
Color roses with markers and attach to bottom of tag with glue dots
With scissors, trim around each rose forming a scalloped edge
Attach ribbon through hole at top of tag

That's it for today!  I do hope you like my somewhat shabby chic tag!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon!  

Blessings,
Lea

1 comment:

  1. I like the 'hello' pennant above her, so playful she is! thanks for posting -con

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!